American Civil War Project

A couple of weeks ago I dug out some of my Peter Pig ACW miniatures from under the bed. They have been collecting dust for years, but the moment I saw them again I remembered why I fell in love in the first place. Peter Pig miniatures aren't particularly realistic and they are a little smaller than most other lines, but they have lots of character. Some people may call them cartoonish, but as far as I'm concerned cartoonish is what works on a gaming table.

Peter Pig miniature
Confederate General

The only miniature I managed to finish back when I got these was a mounted confederate general.

The miniature is based for Fire & Fury although I have never actually played the game. I'm more of a painter than a gamer, but the ruleset appeals to me for many reasons so I decided to follow the Fire & Fury basing instructions.

Since then Regimental Fire & Fury has seen the light of day and these rules appeal to me even more so I've decided to start basing my ACW miniatures for that system.

I ordered MDF bases from East Riding Miniatures including circular ones for brigade generals like the Peter Pig one in the picture. East Riding Miniatures have great customer service by the way. The first package got lost in the mail for whatever reason, but Tony promptly sent me a replacement after I e-mailed him.

So now I'm ready to start painting the remaining confederate miniatures sitting on my desk.

I started this blog to document the progress and keep me focused.

Comments

  1. I get all my bases from Tony. Great quality and fast delivery, but, more importantly for me, he's a top rate chap.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blood Bowl Witch Elf

Vietnam US Infantry Painting Guide

Blood Bowl Wood Elves